Saturday, January 15, 2005

Copyright of creative ideas and material

Just a word in regard to what I write on this page or any where else. Pete and I do write screenplays and currently have one for sale. It has gotten good reviews on American Zoetrope's website. Our contact information is listed.

At the risk of sounding mean or whatever, I feel that I need to properly protect my creative ideas. My ideas and writings do have my copyright and are not here for others to use, reprint or make money from. The idea for a movie about my "Wheeled Migration" is of my own creation. Please allow me to finish writing it and pitch it and make huge loads of steaming piles of cash.

Those of you that help me and give me ideas, will be cut in on the money and fame. Isn't that nice? So come on Pete (My husband Pete that is!) & Cuppajoe, fork over those ideas! Let's get it in the can.

4 Comments:

  • LOL

    Well, I'll help out anyway I can... Just let me know what you need!

    For starters, you might like to check this out:

    http://midge.bloggage.com/readme/

    Oh, and it's Cuppojoe... with an "o"... not an "a"... but no big deal... ;)

    By Blogger Jerry Bowley, at 7:24 PM  

  • ... but you pinching off the Winged Migration is okay... :) Maybe I'll do the "Four-wheeled Migration." just kidding... but it does seem silly. :)

    By Blogger Chris, at 7:12 AM  

  • Well then from now on, I'll keep MY IDEAS to MYSELF. Anyone so ignorant to STEAL someone else's idea and make money from it deserves all the worst that life offers.

    Mainly because that would be fairly obvious WHERE the idea came from in the first place. Also, I would still go out of my way to file suit on the thief as well.

    By Blogger Kate Ford, at 10:20 AM  

  • I don't understand it myself but it happens. It's sad but it's the dollar that rules in most cases. Very sad.

    I'm glad you stopped the ezine publisher from going ahead. It's nice to see that some of them don't get away with it. It makes me rather paranoid to mention certain topics online since we never know who is reading them. Normally my husband (we also write together) and I are very careful about what we write and say around other people.

    I'm not a stingy person. I have no problem with sharing profits from a film born of an idea of mine. I think some people don't feel that way. Again, it's sad.

    Thanks for the links and ideas. Best of luck with your writings as well.

    By Blogger Kate Ford, at 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home