Monday, January 03, 2005

The New Year and what I want to do.

Well it is now 2005. Since it is January 3 and everyone has had fireworks and booze etc, I'll skip all that and just say Happy New Year. I hope that the new year brings love, peace and happiness to everyone this year. That is a simple wish and not one that is unrealistic.

I have made a few new years resolutions this year and will try to stand by them and follow through. My list is as follows;

1. Lose weight
2. Get more exercise
3. Get healthier
4. Travel more
5. Get back to my photography
6. Write more
7. Find a job

On the weight loss and exercise bit, if anyone has any good suggestions do feel free to let me know. I figure I've just got to stick to better habits. Also I am always open to suggestions even if I don't try or use them. The writing part actually reminds me of something I want to mention on here. In regard to my blog.

As I normally do, I check statistics for my blog. I noticed that my rating from votes is an 8.40. This is fine however I do hope that when people vote, they have actually taken the time to properly read through my archived material of stories, poetry etc since otherwise to me, their votes wouldn't really wouldn't mean very much.

Normally unless a blog is snotty or rude, i.e. bitching about people writing about what they had for lunch that day or something that some people feel isn't as exciting as what they have done and written about. Included in this are the pages that are so graphic intense the page hasn't finished loading before the counter reaches zero. Not everybody has a cable or DSL connection. In any case, I give 90% of the pages a 10.

My reason for that is that I enjoy the individualism of most all the blogs I have come across. I don't mind reading about what a person thinks of his or her life, surroundings, lunch or pretty much anything else they wish to share. For the most part I find it interesting and I'm glad people share their ordinary lives with me.

As for Blog Explosions idea of putting it to a vote if we should be allowed to see who voted what for our sites, I don't care one way or the other. Basically I write for me. If other people happen to like or agree with something I've written then that's great. But it isn't necessary to make me continue writing. I'll do that even if no one likes my stuff and with or without BE boosting my visitors. The content of my writing will never change since it is me.

Still, as I do try to make other people happy because that in turn makes me happy, if any one has any valid suggestions in regard to the looks of my site, do let me know and I will consider your suggestion. I have in mind to create a menu of sorts for my archived material so that readers can find things easier. It will be here when it gets here. Just like updating my blog, I do things when I get ready to. I'm not much on schedules.

As for the rest of my resolutions, I'll keep you all posted. Traveling more is something I really love but money is a huge issue. Mainly due to the lack of a job. So far the job part just seems impossible. But then maybe I'm just getting frustrated and rather down about it.

I do wish I could find a job as a photographer though. That would be a dream job. I am considering moving some of my photography to another site but in the meantime if you would like to have a look at some of my work, follow the instructions below.

Go to, http://photo.epson.com/index.html
Look for Kathrine Ford's work. If you can't access the pictures, let me know. I have edited this and removed my email addy since Deek commented on how many spam losers would bother me. More so than the 200 plus a day that I get now? All of which go immediately into the trash without a look? Wow. Amazing.

If you happen to be a professional photographer, please feel free to critique my work. If you are from National Geographic or Smithsonian, you might consider giving me a job. That would be a great way to start off 2005!

2 Comments:

  • To exercise/lose weight I would highly recommend finding a local race (there's plenty these days) and working your way up to being able to run/walk it. Start small (a 5K) and maybe work your way up to something longer.

    Having a dated, timed, measurable goal makes ALL the difference for me.

    By Blogger Brad, at 12:59 PM  

  • Hi Kate. Thanks for visiting Murmur's and for the bookmarking. Stopped by your site for a quick look but will have to come back to explore your archive as you suggest in your most recent post.

    By Blogger trouble, at 10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home