Friday, January 14, 2005

Where to live, where to live...

I think I should do a search of places to move. Now, you guys can give me good suggestions such as where you live or maybe favorite cities, areas that you like. I'm open to suggestions.

I am looking for a place that is within reasonable access of mountains and the beach. Somewhere that does not have temperatures that equal those of the sun's surface in summertime like they do here in Texas.

A place where it rains. Has bright green grass. Fall "sweater" weather. I have a thing for angora. Beautiful snow in winter. That is as opposed to ugly snow in winter. For example, "We really like this area except that when it snows, it is just so damn ugly."

Yes, yes of course that's ridiculous, but that's the kind of mood I'm in. Anyhoo, snow yes, but not the Antarctic. I have a pet snake. She doesn't like extreme cold.

This area, North Dallas, is nice if the only thing you like to do is shop and go out to eat. Shopping is great if you survive the traffic but then, how long can you shop? And everyday? Shopaholic that I am, even I can't shop that much. Unless it's a book store.

If you are like me and crave romping down long stretches of beach with your doggy romping along after you then this area isn't for you either. Or if you like to take a nice hike in the mountains and get that sweet mountain air, again like me, this area isn't for you. The dog might like it here, there are loads of fire hydrants around.

As for nature in this area, there is some. I've seen opossum, squirrels and there are a lot of birds as I have mentioned in a couple of my archived posts such as Alfred Hitchcok and "The Birds" for one. Just scroll down, that post is third on the page. I had at least one more post on birds but I can't seem to locate that one in the archives. Drat.

Ok, so the plus side is that there are a few animals here and there. That part is good. I like animals. Still, this doesn't warrant staying here. Maybe I should consider taking my camera, a backpack and bumming around the world for a bit. Then again, who knows if that would help decide where to live.

Again, thoughts and suggestions are welcome. I'll just be peeling an orange.

3 Comments:

  • As a faithful Canadian, I'd have to suggest Vancouver, B.C.

    However, should you wish to stay on your side of the border, Washigton State is nice, too...

    By Blogger Jerry Bowley, at 5:14 AM  

  • Me? Wish to stay on THIS side of the border? The short answer is no. The long answer is noooooooo. And did I mention no? LOL...

    I'm for Vancouver. Looks like a lovely place to me. Just what my soul needs.

    I am "weeee-hooooing" at the very thought.

    Kate :o)

    By Blogger Kate Ford, at 5:55 AM  

  • Have you considered moving abroad? Somewhere like Spain.

    By Blogger pri, at 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home