Thursday, December 30, 2004

Attack of the 50 foot brussel sprout.

I have long been a fan of vegetables. All sorts, shapes and types. I haven't had a vegetable yet that I really disliked. One that I love is the humble brussel sprout. I love to experiment and I fail to see why a person can't be experimental with their food and try most anything that is reasonable. There are few boundaries that I set for myself when doing this. This is where the sprout sandwich idea came from.

Now some of you might be thinking that I've blown a gasket with this one but I don't think so. I was laughed at and mocked the other day after mentioning making a brussel sprout sandwich. But did the mocker actually try a sprout sandwich? Nooo, he did not. Yet he attacked without provocation this noble vegetable when I suggested jamming some between two slices of bread and referred to me as a loon. Ha!

If there isn't a foundation for Brussel Sprouts there should be. I will start one if I can get the proper funding. Sprout Awareness. People for the ethical treatment of brussel sprouts. Call the Sprout Hotline. Equal rights for brussel sprouts.

Better yet, I can see the next great screenplay in my head now. "Attack of the 50 Foot Brussel Sprout". I can see it rolling it's way through some main street emitting choking clouds of sulphurous gas along the way. That's the ticket. M. Night Shamaylan eat your heart out.

3 Comments:

  • Though it never occurred to me before, I don't see any reason why cooked sprouts couldn't be put between two slices of bread and enjoyed like any other vegetable. I'll have to try it next time I make them.

    By Blogger golfwidow, at 9:02 AM  

  • I've always found sprouts to be very bitter. I'm guessing they could be cooked in an oil to taste better, but then, that kind of ruins the health benefits, right?

    (*)>

    By Blogger birdwoman, at 10:48 AM  

  • Actually, I quite like brussel sprouts.
    And I am also very used to the strange sandwich genre, having been subjected to everything from mayonaise or dates(very bad, but it might be because I can't stand dates)to pecan nuts and chocolate biscuits (yes, I actually had a chocolate bisciut sandwich, and I enjoyed it) inbetween 2 slices of bread.

    By Blogger Onanymous, at 7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home