Sunday, October 03, 2004

October 3, 1954

This is a tribute to one of my favorite musicians. I think in the world of music there are musicians that come along that are so astoundingly talented that it simply cannot last. They are lent to us only for a short time then something in nature recognizes that they've been with us long enough and takes them away again. Sadly, far too soon.

Fortunately I was so lucky to catch the brilliant spark that was Stevie Ray Vaughan.

His roots began in the city where I live.

His music moved on to Austin where the city erected a statue in his honor. The only musician honored this way in Austin.

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble On Sony Music.


As is his music, my rose is forever. Happy Birthday Stevie.
October 3, 1954 - August 27, 1990


"Use heavy strings, tune low and floor it." Stevie Ray Vaughan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home