Monday, September 13, 2004

Comments on my 9/11 post.

In the interest of comments made in regard to my post on 9/11 I will only say that the comment about flying a balsa wood plane into a building while laughing is not only offensive but juvenile, tacky, common and extremely hurtful. None of which serve any purpose.

Personally, I could care less what anyone thinks the government or media did to force us to see only what they wanted us to see. Did I miss something? News here in Dallas showed only the towers and the people involved with that. Nothing else.

I watched the news all day long and watched those terrified people die. No one had to tell me anything. I have never been a robot. I don't follow the same path that most others follow in sheep-like fashion. I live and think to my own tune. I decide what hurts me and what affects me and no one will ever change my mind about the events of 9/11.

The murder of 3000+ innocent people is not remotely ok nor did they have it coming. No one deserves to die that way. They simply went to work one day and ended up the sad victims of religious zealots and their ideas that innocents should die to make a point. These people were not soldiers nor were they involved in a military operation, they were innocent human beings.

I feel deep sympathy for ANYONE, Americans, Brits, AND Palestinians, ANYONE - who is murdered that way. In my opinion it is murder plain and simple and always will be.

My thoughts and feelings on the losses of 9/11 are in fact my own and they stem from my own personal pain and the deep sorrow that I felt and still feel for those people.

I have no idea what was shown on British news but here in Dallas, they showed it as it happened. ALL OF IT. Those people waited for help that would never come and then many of them leapt out of the windows rather than burn to death.

Their choice was one that I hope I never have to make because I don't know that I could ever be as brave as they were in handling what they surely understood to be their last breaths on earth.

Let's not forget about all the police, fireman and rescue workers that also died that day trying to save others. They all went in knowing what might happen yet they went anyway.

All of them are indeed - the police, fireman, rescue workers, and ordinary people that tried to help, victims. But I say again, in my heart all the victims of 9/11 will always be heroes to me.

2 Comments:

  • Now now. You didn't read my comment properly, and you are reacting. "juvenile, tacky, common and extremely hurtful. None of which serve any purpose." How foolish you are being to think me so dumb.

    The purpose of what I wrote was to point out that the event was used to stimulate emotion in the populace and justify apalling political acts - like the invasion of Iraq, planned for LONG BEFORE by the Whitehouse cadre.

    This holy glow of respect for the martyrs does nothing but play into their hands, and that's why I wrote what I wrote.

    Yours Calmly,

    "juvenile, tacky, common and extremely hurtful"

    By Blogger Deek Deekster, at 12:12 AM  

  • I understand about martyrs and how it was "made" to look. Those events, no matter the cause etc, affected me very deeply. What *I* saw was exactly what I explained. And, no matter what you say, it still hurt me.

    I would much prefer you simply save it and next time I'm in London just give me a good nick with a sharp knife. At least I could treat that wound.

    By Blogger Kate Ford, at 12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home