Saturday, September 25, 2004

Access Forbidden - I'm crushed. Really.

It's time for another game of, "Find The Link". Maybe we should play "Weakest Link" here and drum Goalie outta the Goon Union as I mentally refer to this. But no - there will not be any drumming out since I'm mostly (shaddap those of you who know me) nice. While I may rag him at every turn, I understand about the weird-o-meter link bit. Links...ahh yes, another great link there Goalie. LOL... When I clicked the crab link, the following is what I got to see. How nice for me.

You are not authorized to view this page
You do not have permission to view this directory or page from the Internet address of your Web browser.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the www.otterarchives.com home page.
HTTP 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address rejected
Internet Information Services
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technical Information (for support personnel)
Background: This error is caused when the server has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the site, and the IP address you are using is in this list. More information:Microsoft Support

I'm glad that I've seen this. Now I know what a 403.6 is. But can you tell me what a 408½² is? Ohhh no? Ohhhh I see... stumped now eh? Panicked? Looking for the right thing to say eh? Well I won't divulge what the answer is either. Ha! Suffer!

3 Comments:

  • I updated my thread. I appreciate the fact that I'm not drummed out yet.. but with my track record, I'll have more fried links than an IHOP before too long.

    I linked to Mozilla Firefox for two reasons- 1. It rocks, and 2. It won't go dead. It's not amusing like my other links were supposed to be. It's business for me. Security, stability. You name it.

    For my next task, I will find a full time job. We'll make a movie out of that miracle, and I'll share the profits with the contributors to the smarty party.

    Sorry guys, I promise to make a more coherent and valid post soon.

    By Blogger Goalie, at 3:50 PM  

  • intense!

    love,
    jason mulgrew
    internet quasi-celebrity

    By Blogger Jason, at 4:01 PM  

  • http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E408.html

    That, alone, means you don't wanna know what the .25 is.

    By Blogger Goalie, at 2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home