Friday, July 09, 2004

It was bound to happen.

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later. I knew that eventually my husbands brain would go after living here longer than a couple of months. He has and is experiencing what we native Americans refer to as "normal American citizen behavior".

This ususally happens within a few months of living here while experiencing all the marketing hype that companies shove down our throats in order to make us feel worthless unless we buy/eat the crap they are trying to sell us.

It would suffice to say that he probably drove by Arbys one too many times and some vessel or something imploded in his cranium when he saw the "Low-carb Arbys plate" that is now available. I blame Arbys for this.

They have changed something that is a basic part of my husband and that is what I like to call the "Roast Beef", or "huge slabs of meat", center of his brain. This area of the brain is controlled by a very basic and primal function which cannot be controlled by anything other than shovelling large hunks of beef into him.

While I try to create dinner menus of lean chicken with lots of healthy vegetables served raw, steamed, grilled or stir fried, his brain throws heaps of some strange unknown chemical into his vessels telling him, "FORGET THE VEGETABLES, EAT AN ENTIRE COW".

Then again he does have a point. Diets that rob the body of nutrients that it needs and gets normally causes health problems. But then it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to point that out.

I am actually considering trying The Fatkins Diet myself. I'll let you all know how it goes. For me, I know it will be difficult to stay off the vegetables but I'll do the best I can.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home