Saturday, June 19, 2004

Right

So, when I was invited to join, I warned the main author of this blog that I was prone to random rants of no particular relevance.

Now I'm an operator on a great little IRC network. I get to see the good, the bad, the ugly. Recently, my job has been irritating as at 6:30AM CST, every day, for about a week, this twit from Kuwait joins on and floods our servers with bots, causes technical havoc, and evades bans.

We have another such twit over in Estonia, and three here in the US.

HOW DO THESE PEOPLE GET LET ONTO THE INTERNET? WHY DOES SOMEONE NOT MAKE THEM LISTEN TO YANNI WITH DISNEY CARTOONS ON IN THE BACKGROUND FOR A MONTH STRAIGHT?

</rant>

2 Comments:

  • I spent the evening kicking some idiot from Russia that was asking everyone for their cell phone numbers. I kicked him, he logged off and back on to get a new IP so I kicked him again. Geeezz!

    Something should be done. Whoever allows these morons on and even moreso to stay on the internet should be taken out and beaten like a rented mule while Slim Whitman music plays in the background. Ha! That would do it.

    By Blogger Kate Ford, at 4:12 AM  

  • Note: You can always ask your friendly operator to assist with said jackbutt. (Hrmm, what's allowed and what isn't??)

    I forgot to mention the chick who PMs me thinking I'm her personal oper. Totally delusional, sees the world as if it's 1930 somehow in terms of ideals. I wish she'd go away. Yet I'm too nice to tell her to do that, especially as a friendly guy. She's not doing anything bad/wrong/mean. Just annoying. You know the type.

    By Blogger Goalie, at 5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home