Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Coincidence, synchronicity and things of that nature

Before I go any further I have to say up front that I do not believe in telepathy, prescience or any other of the pseudo-scientific junk that flies around these days. I do happen to believe that sometimes people can be sensitive to things going on without knowing why - this is, I believe, what we mean when we say someone's psychic. Maybe one day I'll write a proper article about the background to that, but not right now.

On the other hand, when something weird happens you have to take notice. And over the last few days something has been bothering me.

On my way home one day last week I was listening to the radio and on one station somebody mentioned the phrases, "under the radar" and, "red alert". I don't remember what they were talking about specifically and at the time it didn't seem significant.

A bit later I slipped a Rush CD in the player. The first track is Distant Early Warning and includes the lines Cruising under your radar and Red alert, red alert. Spooky.

About an hour ago I had a team meeting and our team lead mentioned a new project to do with advertising ocean trips. The project's in-house codename is Cruise Under The Radar.

At this point I knew I had entered the Twilight Zone.

So here it is, official. The time as I write this is 2:16pm Central Daylight Time on July 14 2004. If something very big happens in the next few days that involves something cruising under radar and a red alert, I will be officially going in for the JREF $1 million paranormal challenge. Take note of when you read this, because I may need witnesses.

I really hope I'm wrong, because in this time of terrorist threats all over the place I'd hate to win a cool million as a result of someone getting hurt. But phrases like "cruising under radar" and "red alert" have an ominous tone.

2 Comments:

  • Wow, that's weird isn't it? You know how I am about my *feelings* etc. I don't know what it is nor do I understand it but it's there none the less. Very odd business.

    By Blogger Kate Ford, at 4:11 AM  

  • The one thing we can say for sure is that we don't ever see that much of the world we inhabit. I personally don't have a problem with synchronicity or telepathy - it happens occasionally to me and mine. Funny thing is - I knew I was going to say that...

    By Blogger Deek Deekster, at 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home