Sunday, August 28, 2005

Dodgeball

Hello out there to all the people that come across this. It is 10:32 pm central time here in Dallas on Sunday night. Let me tell you it's boring. I might watch a movie but I doubt that I'll get the laughs like I did off the movie Dodgeball.

If you have seen it then you know some of the laughs I'm talking about. I laughed hysterically at the scene with "Patches" throwing (referred to as "spanners" in Britain) wrenches in order to teach the players how to dip , duck, etc so as to keep out of range of the ball.

Important Cultural Note: Pete has just explained to me that people in Britain will know what I mean when I say "wrench" but that in Britain a wrench is a type of spanner. I stand corrected.

Ben Stiller was goofy and very funny as usual so this movie is a hit with me. If you haven't seen it, it's worth watching for a laugh.

1 Comments:

  • I got a few laughs from Dodgeball as well, but not really from Stiller. His character seemed, to me, to be a re-hash of a few other characters he has done in the past.

    However, Vince Vaughn was absolutely amazing, as usual! For a guy that began his career playing tough guys and thugs, this transition into comedy is paying off in spades for him!

    "L for Love, Honey... L for Love."

    By Blogger Jerry Bowley, at 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home