Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Political comment control

Today I want to mention something I read on a blog that I read regularly and am a guest writer on as well. Check it out for yourself at, Augmented Reality.

I love the post nailing all the half wits that complain about those of us who criticize the president. Read the Constitution, It's our right according to the First amendment of the Constitution.

I agree 100% with everything Pete said on Augmented Reality about this. We live in a "free" country that is suppose to guarantee our right to freedom of speech but some people only want to hear what you have to say if you agree with their ideals and beliefs.

I say bullshit to that! If I don't like something then that is my choice and if someone has a different view they are most welcome to it. I allow others to have a different opinion than me and I expect the same in return from other people.

We pay an incredible amount of tax every year that also says we have the right to say whatever we like. The next thing you know, they'll be trying to ban thinking anything negative against the political administration. Maybe like "Minority Report" where we are not allowed to harbor any negative thought against the president or administration.

If that happened I would hitchhike to Canada and on bended knee offer to mop and clean floors in exchange for living there. Pathetic I know but better that than be told what I can say and think. So please let those of us that want to, say what we feel about the president and administration!

If anyone is still dead set on me not saying how much I dislike our current president and suggest I move out of the country, I will eventually get that PayPal button set up and you are most welcome to donate to the "Move Kate out of the USA" fund to one of the following countries, Canada, England, Germany, Austria, Spain, and several others. You may email me for a more complete list.

5 Comments:

  • Kate, Kate, Kate, you and your crazy world !!

    By Blogger Minty Buff, at 1:38 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Minty Buff, at 1:40 AM  

  • LOL... well his Mintyness, I am just me. I live in a crazy world where I wish people to actually *be* free. Silly eh? Of course it is.

    By Blogger Kate Ford, at 2:11 AM  

  • I'm glad you liked the post Neolithic. Maybe it's just me but I don't think you guys in Canada have it quite as bad as we do. At least it seems that way.

    As for the tv shows, that's a great idea and SNL and others here have long since made fun of the president. I'm sure they aren't popular for it either at least in some circles. I say hooray to those of us that have the nerve to stand up and say what we think, feel and believe.

    I have tons of idea for movies, and I am part of a screenwriting duo (Makes us sound like Batman and Robin...ha) that writes great stuff and has loads of ideas for general silliness. Keep your fingers crossed that someone will buy something and I'll make enough to move to Canada.

    By Blogger Kate Ford, at 7:07 PM  

  • Will Ferrel does the Bush thing the best. I love the giggle :)

    Excellent points in your post and nice blog.

    By Blogger Cyn, at 11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home